Scammer Files

The following is a summary of some of the suspected scammers who have emailed me. Please feel free to mention your own dealings with suspected scammers in the comments. Thanks.

Tufaina/Rita Bush has apologized for her dishonesty, so I have removed her email addresses and the pictures she used, but the article remains for educational purposes. She states:

Okay, sorry and thank you.Christianity is forgiveness. Previously from Gold Insurance=Tufaina=Rita Bush +Why all this sinful act of a christian brother,who told you am a scammer and why you put my picture in your web site and claimed that im scammer? please remove it and walk in the Lord. tufaina

My reply: Thanks, another comment for my blog! Stating that you are not a scammer proves nothing. Real dialogue would at least show you are not scamming me...

From early in 2005. She claimed to be a former Mrs. Miami and stated:

Jesus is God.How are u?pls this is my office account,kindly contact me with my personal.

RitaYes, Rita Bush. She sent me magazine cut out photos of a blonde, who was obviously not the same person as the brunette, who Tufaina claimed to be in 2006.

She emailed the following:

You hurt me and disgrace my personality,my friend saw my picture and told me about this,please for God sake take this out.What is my sins for you?do i take money from you or cheat you?you are the one that gave me your email address when we chat .Im not interesting in this again and pease take this out.Im a missionary and servant of God.

Tufaina you have not cheated me out of money, because I have not sent you any. You have been dishonest with pictures of obviously two different women.

You gave this to me in christian site and my heart is pumping blood for you act,please take this out for Christ sake.I never knew you are like this.You sent you pictures to me but if i do like you will you like it?God is seeing we all.

My email address is not on a Christian site, and I did not send it to you as Gold Insurance or Tufaina. It has just recently changed since we emailed in early 2005. I remember now that as Rita previously, she ultimately wanted me to send money to Africa. There was some link to buy some crafts or such for 'ministry'.

Other scammers...

Message:Hello, I pray that this email reaches you in the best of health. This letter may come to you as a surprise due to the fact that we have not yet met. The message could be strange but it's real if you pay some attention to it. I want to notify you about it at least for the sake of your integrity. In a brief introduction, I am Tony, the Director of Operation with Cooperative Bank of Benin-Cotonou ,Republic of Benin. I have a very interesting transaction to discuss with you. The business under discussion has to do with George Stearns a national of your country, who is a Consultant/ contractor with Societe Nationale Des Products D' Agricole (SONAPRA) Company in Benin-Cotonou. I managed to get your contact details through the Internet search myself because time is of importance to it and I am desperately looking for someone to assist me to pull this money out from the bank before our corrupt government officials will confiscate the money. On Thursday, December 25, 2003, George Stearns , his wife and their only daughter were involved in Air-Crash near the Atlantic Ocean in Cotonou suburb. For more clarifications, you can visit the CNN web news for the tragedy. http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/africa/12/26/benin.crash/ Since then I have made several inquiries to your Embassy, in a bid to locate any relation of George Stearns . All attempts to reach the next of kin of George Stearns has been futile as He had no family here in Benin Republic. Hence my decision to contact you. I want you and I to go into partnership, the nature of your business is completely irrelevant to this transaction as all I need from you is an assurance that my interest will be fully protected once this transaction is concluded. George Stearns , made a numbered time (fixed) deposited for twelve calendar and his account with our Bank accrues to about (Four Million, Three hundred and Fifty- Two Thousand US Dollars) $USD4.352M. According to the Benin Law, at the expiration of (Two) years, the money will revert to the ownership of the Benin government if nobody applies to claim the funds. Consequently, my proposal is that I will like you as a foreigner to stand in as the next of kin to George Stearns so that the fruits of this old man's labour will not get into the hands of some corrupt government officials who will latter use the money to sponsor war in Africa and kill innocent citizens in the search for political power/seat. Please note that There will be no problem at all, my position as the Director of Operation guarantees the successful execution of this transaction within 7 Banking days and the money will be paid into your account for us to share in the ratio of 40% for you and 60% for me. This is very simple, I will like you to reply immediately so that I can send you the Text of application which you will fill and apply to the bank as the next of kin to George Stearns and I will use my good position in the bank as the Director of Operation to make sure that the application is approved, during board meeting for immediate payment. If you are interested, reply immediately via my private e-mail address: so that we can proceed at once. Please send to me also your private phone, or mobile numbers for easier correspondence or you can give me a call on . I look forward to hearing from you soon. Best Regards. Tony

I reported Tony as spam on the website from which he emailed me. Tony the phoney was dealt with according to the rules of the site.

Yet another scam from the same site...

Dear Pastor I greet you in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ our Lord, we have to worship our Lord Jesus christ with all our heart because we have determined to remain under the covering of His anointing, Obedience to His purpose and living a life that honours Him will keep us under His hand of blessing. I am Mrs Lili Hanis from Kuwait. I am married to Mr Patrick Hains who worked with Kuwait embassy in Ivory Coast for nine years before he died in the year 2004.We were married for eleven years without a child. He died after a brief illness that lasted for only four days.Before his death we were both born again Christian. Since his death I decided not to remarry or get a child outside my matrimonial home which the Bible is against.When my late husband was alive he deposited the sum of US$2.480million dollars in a Bank here in Abidjan Cote d'Ivoire.Presently, this money is still in bank. Recently, my Doctor told me that I would not last for the next Eight months due to cancer problem. The one that disturbs me most is my stroke sickness. Having known my condition I decided to donate this fund to a charity organization that will utilize this money the way I am going to instruct herein. I want an organization that will use this fund for orphanages, school and church ,widows, propagating the word of God and to endeavor that the house of God is maintained. The Bible made us to understand that "Blessed is the hand that giveth".I took this decision because I don't have any child that will inherit this money and my husband relatives are not Christians and I don't want my husband's efforts to be used by unbelievers. I don't want a situation where this money will be used in an ungodly way. This is why I am taking this decision. I am not afraid of death hence I know where I am going. I know that I am going to be in the bosom of the Lord.Exodus 14 VS 14 says that "the lord will fight my case and I shall hold my peace". I don't need any telephone communication in this regard because of my health hence the presence of my husband's relatives around me always. I don't want them to know about this development.With God all things are possible. As soon as I receive your reply I shall give you the contact of the Bank here in Abidjan Cote d'Ivoire. I will also issue you an authority letter that will prove you the present beneficiary of this fund. I want you and the church to always pray for me because the lord is my shephard. My happiness is that I lived a life of a worthy Christian. Whoever that Wants to serve the Lord must serve him in spirit and Truth. Please always be prayerful all through your life. Contact me on the this e mail : @yahoo.com:any delay in your reply will give me room in sourcing another church for this same purpose. Please assure me that you will act accordingly as I Stated herein. Hoping to receive your reply. Remain blessed in the Lord . Yours in Christ, Mrs Lili Hanis.

My reply, after reporting the person as spam: "Oh sure, please mail me a cheque. I keep my money in my condo."

The following email is from Yana, who is in my estimation a Russian scammer. There are sites on these scammers on the net, if you care to look. Yana, and I have never had meaningful dialogue, and she did not deal directly with my letters, instead relying on a script. Most scammers would have given up on me by now, but not Yana, even though I do not answer her anymore. She originally contacted me on a Christian site.

hi My love.I did not receive your letter. I very strongly worry. Whether all at you is good. You were not ill. I suffer for you. I ask you calm of me, write to me the letter. Now it so is necessary for me your letter. I strongly love you also I wait from you for the letter. Always yours Yana.

This is my friend Bobby's parody of Yana...Hello Russ,This is Yana, I am not a Russian Scammer, there is no phoney baloney coming from Russia, I AM REAL. Please believe me, I am not (how you say in english) "Bluffing" I will come over and see you soon, Please help me, Plane Trip.....3000,00 Taxi.....120.00 Food....5800.00 (Hey, I eat a lot!) I have to eat like this so that I can be 285 pounds, it's important to me to be bigger than my CANADIAN MAN!

Sincerely,Yana PS Maybe I will see you Saturday night

Here is yet another email from "Yana the scamma" which arrived. She calls me Mark; what a bimbo.

mark.Today on April, 1 day of jokes and laughter.Today I would like to congratulate you on this holiday.Tell and you mark this holiday at you in the country and as you do it to me it would be very interesting to know.I hope to hear more detailed story about it in the following letter.At us in Russia this day people play people, joke and have fun.I would would like that also you this day did not despond and would be pleased lives that in it has not taken place. I too would like to cry and much because of what problems. But I not such was necessary to smile and be pleased always lives that I successfully do. I know that 1 minute of laughter will replace one glass of sour cream, and you knew it tell to me.So be dared if you do not drink sour cream:)I wait from you for the letter and a good joke.Have remarkable day.Always yours Yana.

From sweet ol' Nadya, we have had no deep dialogue whatsoever, and she does not use my name.

I have offended you why you do not write me I wait for the answer. So your letters are interesting to me and suddenly they are not present I has thought that you have found another it so? If there is no that write to me at least two words or tell even hi! Nadya.

My reply: Hello Nadya, I hope all is well. However, having received many letters from Eastern European women, I must say your letter reads like scammer script. So if you are not a scammer, please tell me specifically why I am so interesting. I post scammers on my website. Good luck.

The following is another goofy email from a Christian site. I have had a few of these from males. I wrote a short note back to this guy stating that it would be "nicer to meet a girl".

I am louis from Ghana i just came from church and i decided to come and browse for a while ,i was browsing when i got you online and i am very happy to have you.and i will like to be your friend if u dont mind.in other words i will like u also to read through my profile and see and no much about me whethere u like me as a friend or not.i will be glad to hear from u soon,this is my cell phone number +233yayayaya bye for now and have a great day. LOUIS WRITES.

My friend Xtreme said... Time to change your deodorant.

The following is interaction with a probable Afriscamma.

Subject: HELLO MY DARLINGMy dearly beloved in Him, Many thanks for your wonderful mail...though I am so sorry for the late reply. the reason however was not intentional, but rather due to some unforseen emergency.I do hope things are generally fine with you. i am persuaded that our frendship will last a long time. i love the Lord, and generally the things of God. i love christain all over the world. Thanks for the word of encouragement also your photo it's very fine...and l pray for your quick recovery.May the blessing of almighty God remain your portion.I WISH YOU MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR IN ADVANCE.I LOVE U SO MUCH!!!Thanks and God bless you.Lucy.

Hmm love, as this point, boy I must be something else:).

Comments from when this article was posted on kingpinned:

3 Comments:

At 1:18 PM, Anonymous said...Hi I just recieved this exact email on 8-23-05 from this same person a search of the net brought me here

At 8:44 AM, Xtreme said...Strike up a conversation with this fella. reply and see what happens. Pretend to be a rick rock-god or something

At 9:49 AM, Anonymous said...I just recieved that email about the plane crash and George Stearns. I'm not easily fooled so I knew it was bullshit (he changed his name to Peter Daniels by the way) but I think it's kind of funny that he's even trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment