The Michelin Man returns



http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/LAC.20081218.BCWEATHER18/TPStory/National
Thanks for all the support in 2008.

'Arctic blast hits Lower Mainland
Skiers, icewine makers exultant but drivers face a hazardous commute amid snow and frigid temperatures'

This is rare for Greater Vancouver and the western Fraser Valley in Autumn.

This is Chucky and the Michelin Man with the weekly martial arts workout.

We had just been outside and I kept my gear on in the garage. It was -17 Celcius with wind chill.

Even with my sleep apnea, I work out to try and stay in good shape. I work out with weapons for self-defence as well.

Please see thekingpin68 for 'The Michelin Man'.










The Michelin Man hitting his black martial arts bag with a right hook punch.


The Michelin Man hits his bag with a left hook punch.






A mid-range right roundhouse kick.


A low right roundhouse kick.


A low left roundhouse kick.


I am giving the bag a rest. I am merciful.


A left roundhouse kick.

I do practice some occasional high kicks, but not with a heavy winter jacket on!


A right elbow strike.


Another right elbow strike.


A left hook punch.


A right-handed bat strike. I practice defending this with Uncle Chuckles.


A left-handed bat strike.


A 'row' strike to Chucky's...well you take a guess. Poor ol' Chucky.


Chucky is ready to try a right-handed bat strike.


The Michelin Man demonstrates the right straight knife strike.

PLEASE NOTE WE ACTUALLY PRACTICE WITH THE BLADE RETRACTED.

THIS IS JUST FOR PHOTOS WITH THE BLADE EXTENDED.


I have sleep apnea and this contributes to me being the Michelin Man. Here I fall asleep in the process of demonstrating the right overhand knife strike.


We practice defending these strikes, but as stated with THE KNIFE BLADE RETRACTED.


Chucky pretending to be a crazed attacker. Behind him is my back-up smaller red bag.


Chuck is demonstrating the left straight knife strike.

These are from Jeff Jenkins:

http://jeffjenkinsocala.blogspot.com/





Happiness can be found at:

http://coffeehouse-journal.blogspot.com/



Thanks Jeff.

Additional:

A joke sent to me:

If you've ever worked for a boss who reacts before getting the facts and thinking things through, you'll love this...

A large company, feeling it was time for a shakeup, hired a new CEO.

The new boss was determined to rid the company of all slackers.

On a tour of the facilities, the CEO noticed a guy leaning on a wall.

The room was full of workers and he wanted to let them know that he meant business.

He walked up to the guy leaning against the wall and asked,

'How much money do you make a week?'

A little surprised, the young man looked at him and replied,

'I make $400 a week. Why?'

The CEO then handed the guy $1,600 in cash and screamed,

'Here's four weeks' pay. Now GET OUT and don't come back!'

Feeling pretty good about himself the CEO looked around the room and asked, 'Does anyone want to tell me what that goof-ball did around here?'

From across the room came a voice, 'Pizza delivery guy from Domino's.'





No comments:

Post a Comment