Where do I go from here?


The theological path to somewhere, at my estate.

1. My previous post on this blog in the comments section has recent comments concerning the humanity of Christ which were originally posted in GGM's blog, 'Shalom is the Word' in reciprocal links.

The post will much more challenging than this one, if that suits you.

Previous satire and theology post

Also to the right of this post is my other theological blog linked which features some of my work on the problem of evil, if that so interests.

Anglicans and Baptists: The Problem of evil

Comments for both posts appreciated...

2. I am in hope awaiting my final PhD hard copy documentation from the University of Wales.

In the meantime I am working on my e-book, assisting my Mother in several areas and making preparations for me to eventually leave Greater Vancouver for work elsewhere.

Feel free to mention institutions, but I have decided I am not going to do that, but I will certainly comment on any kind comments and suggestions.

When I was younger I really liked rain, and mildly colder weather and I still like rain, not the esthetics of it, but the refreshing nature of it. In that sense, I have been fortunate enough to live in two places that rain a lot, Greater Vancouver and Greater Manchester. When I was younger I had some brief experience with the Alberta winter with family and thought it was cool, literally and figuratively. However, the last few years I have visited Florida, for a second time and Southern California for a second time, having also been on another time to Northern California. These trips combined with my two vacations to see family in Greater Phoenix have me thinking that it is in many ways easier and more comfortable to live in an area of the world where it is warmer and sunnier.

I also have visited Reno and surrounding area and did not care for it, overall. Being chased out of a steakhouse restaurant washroom by the 'crazed owner' with 'Pope Chucklins I' was one reason, but many people in that area seemed to dislike outsiders. That is rather counterproductive for an area which specializes in tourism.

Perhaps they hate being second to Las Vegas. Perhaps Reno should be renamed Lost to Vegas.

I spent the first part of my life in rainy overcast areas where there were minimal sunny days. With my British passport if I move back to the UK for work that will be the kind of weather I will face. Mind you, with Greater Vancouver and the UK the rare sunny days, especially in summer, can be very nice, but those kinds of days are common in places like California, Florida, Texas, Spain and Portugal year round. Now, I could use my UK citizenship which is also EU citizenship to move to a warmer EU locale, but I only speak English and so that would quite complicate any move.

As a Canadian I could stay in Canada, but other than Greater Vancouver, the Lower Mainland and Vancouver Island, and perhaps a few other areas, most of Canada receives cold winter and winter like conditions many months a year. To be honest, I like playing in the snow like I did as a child in BC and Alberta, and the snowmobiling was fun in Alberta. But it is just more difficult to travel and go to work in colder conditions.

My last two degrees are from Wales, and so are British and European, so certainly some employers should at least consider me for a position in that system as a Theologian and Philosopher of Religion. But I am a moderate conservative and most of the departments are liberal of sorts. This could be a difficult fit, and this as already been demonstrated with my hassles with Manchester and my first PhD appointment.

Being blocked by the Research Committee from transferring to an affiliated Christian institution after I quit the main (Police) academy was not a good sign for future fellowship with these types of departments although Wales has worked out fine.

Canada is apparently slightly smaller in population than California and is a lot less Christianized than the United States, Canada being more like Western Europe in that regard. This is a major reason I likely will not be able to accomplish my career goals locally with few places to apply to. With my career being in Theology, Philosophy of Religion and Biblical Studies it looks like the United States is the best place to look. I want to work in a warmer climate and my family in Arizona, which will include my Mom when I move on, would like me to live closer to them. Therefore, I will need to look for work in areas that are fairly close to them by car, or plane. This would be the Western United States and if this would not work out I would look Eastward.

I have been to New York City once. It would be fascinating to work there for a season, but I was there during spring and just found it very humid and uncomfortable with all the concrete buildings and few trees. As a teen I visited Washington DC and Virginia and liked it, although I saw the impressive Europe like historical parts of DC only.

Of course, much of it depends on who would hire me. If the best job offer was in Australia I would of course have to strongly consider it, as I would Hawaii or Southern France.

Another issue for consideration for me is if I had any local friends in an area, or anyone willing to act like a friend.





I saw this on Looney's blog.


Countries in the World visited followed by Provinces,
States, and European Countries visited






I just saw this commercial on Spike...hilarious.


Thanks, Philip. This is short and devastating.


T vs. Chuck

Examples:

'There is nothing to fear but fear itself, and fear itself fears Chuck Norris.

King Kong once challenged Godzilla to an arm-wrestling match. Mr. T won.

The reason newborn babies cry is because they know they have just entered a world with Chuck Norris.

The last man to make eye contact with Mr. T was Stevie Wonder.

Chuck Norris is a man’s man’s man.

Mr. T once beat a man to death with his own corpse.'

No comments:

Post a Comment