Don't buy what you cannot afford

1. My thanks to Chucky for the clip below. I am not a fan of Saturday Night Live, as I find it usually non-humourous, but this clip is good and educational. It concerns debt.



Now, I have student debt, but I have very worked hard as an academic and have had part-time work. If when I started academics, I would have known about all the health problems, academic delays and changed advisors/institutions, I would have pursued another career and worked on the goal of obtaining a Theology PhD on the side. As it is, I live cheaply, and do not buy what I cannot afford. Some debt is required in life, as Romans 13:6-7 explains that Christians are to pay taxes to the state. Debt from foolish unwise purchases may eventually put a person into the position where income does not cover debt, and this is a serious situation.

I reason that the stress associated with unmanageable debt, is not worth the pleasure of unwise purchases. I realize there is necessary debt at times such as student loans, and mortgages, but I am discussing unnecessary purchases. Even with necessary purchases it is wise to limit debt as much possible. For example, it is good to drive that fine older car a few more years, if a newer vehicle is not that affordable.

2.Below is a clip of a blown call from the Turkey-Hungary, Euro 2008 qualification game. In my view, the player in the box was taken down by the goalkeeper. The goalkeeper should have been carded and not the player who was given a yellow and red. For the largest and most popular sport in the world there are quite a few controversies that should be avoided.



3. Even for those of you who are not Rush fans there are a couple of funny solos with this song below. It is rare to see them goof around this much. The solos also feature some excellent playing. The clip is from the R30, 2004 tour in New York. By-Tor and the Snow Dog is featured.



4. Okay, I am not interested in promoting celebrity culture on this blog, but this is funny. Paris Hilton runs out of gas and photographers assists. It is funny how Ms. Hilton dumps change in the back seat.

Recently, I had the misfortune of running out of gas at 70 miles per hour on a freeway. It felt like being rear-ended! I was not driving and it was not my car!



Opinions?

I updated the following older article.

http://thekingpin68.blogspot.com/2006/05/arminianism-and-free-will.html

No comments:

Post a Comment