Cell phones and driving





I have never owned a cell phone. I have not used a cell phone while driving and do not ever intend to. However, being somewhat impatient I can understand the temptation to attempt to multi-task while driving and engaging in a cell phone conversation.

From the New American Standard Bible:

Ecclesiastes 7:8b states: Patience of spirit is better than haughtiness of spirit.

In the context of this article, may I suggest that patience of spirit is better than a potential car accident!:) Perhaps one should at least strongly consider pulling over to the side of the road before using the cell phone. In the Greater Vancouver area the minority of drivers that take unnecessary risks or do not pay enough attention while behind the wheel makes driving in this area tricky. I think certain persons that drive while talking on the cell phone provide another potential hazard.

No comments:

Post a Comment