Blogger, Facebook and Twitter (Is Blogger losing out?)


Yorkshire, Dales, England (photo from trekearth.com)

I am not a member of Twitter and do not know much about it. I am not in any way trying to reflect on it negatively with this article. I have no intention of joining because I am already busy enough online.

Twitter

From the website it states:

Twitter is a service for friends, family, and co–workers to communicate and stay connected through the exchange of quick, frequent answers to one simple question: What are you doing?

I am a member of Facebook.

Facebook

Facebook helps you connect and share with the people in your life.

After already having two Blogger theology blogs, I joined Facebook to stay in touch with friends that mainly live outside of the Lower Mainland area and to meet new people online.

I also viewed it as an opportunity to promote my blogs, and there is a helpful blog application to promote them on Facebook.

I very much appreciate Facebook...but not as much as I appreciate my blogs.

I post links to my Blogger posts on Facebook but have never intended to place entire Blogger posts on Facebook. This would serve in a sense as another blog that I absolutely do not want as I am busy enough with PhD work and my Blogger blogs.

Even still, please do not misunderstand, I do appreciate very much comments related to Blogger posts left on Facebook.

It would be nice if these comments were duplicated on the blogs, but I realize people are often busy and I do not want to be viewed as a pushy so and so.;)

But, it is enough work writing two Blogger blogs and I do not want to basically write a third blog with pasted posts from satire and theology and thekingpin68 on Facebook.

I also do not want to write an original Facebook theology blog.

But it seems at times over the last few months that Blogger commenting has become less while many of my blog links spend time on Facebook. Some of my Facebook friends seem to perhaps post more theological and Biblical material on Facebook than on a Blogger, WordPress or other blogs.

I realize from experience that social networking is generally easier and often more fun than Blogging.:)

I have started some theological discussions on Facebook which did not translate to more Blogger blog article comments, but predictably more Facebook comments, which once again, I do appreciate very much.

But, if I keep that up I am basically going to be using Facebook as a third theological blog.

I could simply write blog articles in sent Facebook emails and also post a copy in my Facebook profile and then receive related emails from Facebook friends and also comments under the postings in my Facebook profile.

I wonder if it is going to become a trend in the near future for more theological blogging, and more blogging in general, to be done on Facebook then on actual blogs.

I have no ethical/moral problem with blogging on Facebook, but prefer to have professional blogs dedicated to theological, Biblical and philosophical articles with added filler for entertainment and educational purposes as opposed to a blog connected to emails and social networking.

But, that is my take. What is your opinion?

Is Facebook, Twitter, or another social networking service perhaps going to have more on site bloggers in the future than Blogger, WordPress, or other blogs?

Or are dedicated blogs going to remain the primary forum for blogging?

In overall terms, will social networking sites take large amounts of time from bloggers and their blogs?

I think the answer is likely 'no' for the first question and 'yes' with the latter two questions. I am making no ethical/moral judgment here and I am not suggesting people should spend more time on blog sites and less on social network sites.

My Blogger audience is made up of primarily online searches, blog links and friends. These online searches do sometimes include persons from Facebook.

My Facebook audience is primarily Facebook friends.

I reason there is more potential for readership and comments at this point with Blogger. This combined with the nature of dedicated blogs has me wanting to focus primarily on my existing blogs over Facebook in regard to blogging.

The End


Tom Vu says, 'You a looza'.





Mom sent me this picture with description.

'Redneck word of the day : "OBAMA"

I BOUGHT ME A CASE OF BEER AND DRANK IT OBAMA SELF!'

A story on the web that I DID NOT write:

'A BOTTLE OF WINE

A woman and a man are involved in a car accident on a snowy, cold Monday morning; it's a bad one. Both of their cars are totally demolished, but amazingly neither of them are hurt. God works in mysterious ways.

After they crawl out of their cars, the man is yelling about women drivers.

The woman says, 'So, you're a man. That's interesting. I'm a woman. Wow, just look at our cars! There's nothing left, but we're unhurt. This must be a sign from God that we should be friends and live in peace for the rest of our days'.

Flattered, the man replies, 'Oh yes, I agree completely, this must be a sign from God! But you're still at fault...women shouldn't be allowed to drive.'

The woman continues, 'And look at this, here's another miracle. My car is completely demolished but this bottle of wine didn't break. Surely God wants us to drink this wine and celebrate our good fortune.' She hands the bottle to the man. The man nods his head in agreement, opens it and drinks half the bottle and then hands it back to the woman. The woman takes the bottle, puts the cap back on and hands it back to the man.

The man asks, 'Aren't you having any?'

The woman replies, 'No. I think I'll just wait for the police....'

MORAL OF THE STORY: Women are clever and evil'

No comments:

Post a Comment